[OKFN-NP] Research Methodology of DataShift research proposal

Prasham Ojha prasham.ojha at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 02:16:20 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I took a cursory glance at the research being proposed. First off, I would
like to mention that I am in a vague and limited familiarity with the whole
discussion, and to take my suggestion on that fact.

 I would like to suggest that the research be done for a rather exploratory
and descriptive results than explanatory. The proposal seems a mix of all
three, which in my humble opinion, does not suit well at the moment in
time. First, no theoretical framework has been defined, and as such, it
would best suit to describe and explain the OGD initiatives in Nepal.
Second, the proposal seems to lack detail, and only goes through a general
outline of the prosed research.  I am not aware of any research papers or
theoretical framework concerning with the CGD in the context of the
boundaries of Nepal, and to integrate all of the research approach would be
an enormous undertaking and with the effect of having a decreased quality
of the final results. I am not sure, though, if that is what the original
research called for, and practical considerations may have to triumph good
local research.

This seems like an early phase and hopefully more work with be done with
the proposal and am excitingly waiting for the results of the research. I
would love to see good work being done in understanding of the ICT enabled
initiative in Nepal.

Regards,
Prasham Ojha