[OKFN-NP] Research Methodology of DataShift research proposal

kshitiz khanal khanal1990 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:46:39 UTC 2015

Hello Prasham,

I hope you have now read the previous discussion in this mailing list about
the CIVICUS DataShift call for proposals. Even if you had limited
familiarity about the subject, you have shown a lot of knowledge about
research in you and I have read your suggestions carefully. I would like to
seek your suggestions in our future research ventures too.

This research was not proposed by us, we are only submitting this document
to present ourselves as a candidate to do the research in question. As you
have suggested, I have mentioned the case study to be exploratory and
descriptive, rather than explanatory.

The call only asks for our approach (methodology), experience, CV, and
budgeting; not the complete proposal. We also have to limit our methodology
to a maximum of 2 pages - hence no theoretical framework. Lack of detail
owes to page limit. I would like to explain our methods more, but my hands
are tied. I acknowledge that this task is challenging as well as cumbersome
as you have noticed, but this is also what makes this
(potential) undertaking more exciting. We will try everything in our hands
to not let quality diminish at any phase of research. This research expects
an inductive approach, as it will be the first of it's kind in Nepal. We do
not have a clear format on how to approach the task. This has compelled us
to take elements from each of different research strategies and data
generation methods; and make our own brew.

Thank you for your suggestions. I have read your words very carefully. I am
looking forward to more of your suggestions.

Thanking you,

Kshitiz Khanal