[Okfn-se] OKF Nordic fringe event

miska knapek miska at knapek.org
Fri Jun 20 10:51:03 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

Great you're all pursuing this.
Yeah, I meant to do something more formal about this, but have been a bit
absorbed by a few other projects.

Ok, great, I just sent a suggested text about the meetup to Christian.
Sorry about being a bit dictatorial here - just wanted to get the show on
the road quick - the text is a little further below.

Now, about scheduling the event. It would be good to not miss too many
people - so two things:
- Please fill in this doodle about when you might be available :
http://doodle.com/vdb45cxcqxh83x6vpygap9hn/admin#table
- Please fill in whether and when you'll be in Berlin - including contact
info ( phone numbers are definitely not underrelated here :)
http://pad.okfn.org/p/okfn_nordics_hangout_pad

Might seem a bit redundant to fill in both, but at least the pad will be
helpful in the event we need to contact one another besides the satellite
event, in Berlin.
@Christian - I haven't quite checked, but is the OKFestival site attendees
list something the should be used instead of also having the info on the
pad?

So, finally, the text I'm suggesting for the meetup looks like this :

*Nordic Open Knowledge Interesteds Meetup : Satellite Event A chance to
meet with people interested in building cross-Nordic OKF-related projects.A
cross-Nordic OKF collaboration is being built.  This is an informal
opportunity to meet some people already involved in building cross-Nordic
OKF collaborations, to network and investigate how cross-Nordic
collaborations can be built.  If you're interested in Nordic projects, or
have an related thoughts, please come along!The Nordic governments have
since long pursued a policy of (relative) openness in governance and
collaborating with one another. The concept of open knowledge seems a
natural logical extension of this. We just have to make it real ;) We've
already established connections between the OKF people of the Nordic
countries. Now's a good chance to meet in person and grow more
collaborations.*

Thanks and all the best,

miska

On 19 June 2014 16:23, Mattias <mattias at okfn.se> wrote:

>  On 18/06/14 19:30, Christian Villum wrote:
>
>  Should we list our informal meetup on the OKFestival page? Submission
> form here:
>

> https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/forms/d/1T-KgCY8CdsjdMBe04QwhwwJ3Lo4fZwMtpvlGR9XoLwU/viewform
>
> Good idea! Please do so.
>

>  ...which will list it here:
>
>  http://2014.okfestival.org/okfestival-fringe-events/
>
>  Btw, who is coming? Me, Miska, who else...?
>
> Serdar and I hope to come. We're waiting for response about grant.
> /Mattias
> OKFN SE
>

>  -Christian

miska michael knapek - your local illusionist (designer)
mob. +358-50-320-2616
web: http://knapek.org
http://twitter.com/miskaknapek
animations: http://vimeo.com/miska