[Okfn-sn] Fwd: UN Data API - New Beta Release

Alioune Dia dia.aliounes at gmail.com
Jeu 12 Déc 16:44:47 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: UN Data API <undata-service at 3scale.net>
Date: 2013/11/27
Subject: UN Data API - New Beta Release
To: Alioune <diaaliounes at gmail.com>

Dear UN Data API Users,

We are working hard to get the UN Data API up and running again.  You
are receiving this email because you have an account with the original
UN Data API.  We are now releasing our new and improved beta version
of the API.  If you already had an account on the original UN Data API
you will have to sign up again on the new portal.

Website: https://www.undata-api.org
Original Website: https://old-undata.3scale.net

Here are the types of queries we currently have available for the API.
 - which organizations are available (currently only World Health Organization)
 - what datasets are available in each organization
 - which datasets are available for a country within an organization
 - which countries are available in a dataset in an organization
 - the records for a country within a dataset within an organization

Data Formats available
 - JSON
 - XML

You will have to provide an Application ID and an Application Key in the url.

How can I get my Application ID and Application Key?
 1. Go to https://www.undata-api.org
 2. Click on the "Sign up" button halfway down the page
 3. Sign up for a Developer Account
 4. Validate your email
 5. Sign in to your developer portal
 6. Click on API Credentials
 7. The page will contain your Application ID and Application Key
*** Remember that your Application Key is secret and you can
regenerate it at any time from your developer portal!

We are open to any and all feedback that you can provide to improve
our API. We will be in beta for a few months.  During that time there
is a probability that the url can change.  After the beta is over we
will alert all of the users and update the site to the permanent
design of the API.

We will not be sending any more emails to the previously registered
users, so if you'd like to be in the loop please create a new account
on https://www.undata-api.org. If you'd like to receive no more email
please reply to this email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the title or body.

Thank you and enjoy!
Kristine Jennings