[okfn-US] OKFN-DC

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Mar 30 08:21:42 UTC 2016

Hi Margaret,

Great to hear from you and this would be *very* welcome!

As we're increasingly moving local groups discussion to the forum could I
invite you to repost there:

https://discuss.okfn.org/c/local-groups

Rufus

On 27 March 2016 at 17:58, Margaret Furr <margaretmfurr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My name is Margaret Furr, and I've helped some at the Open Knowledge
> Ireland chapter. I'm really interested in open data on the international
> level and would love to get involved as a volunteer in a DC chapter. Do you
> know if one exists actively? If not, I'd be willing to help restart one.
>
> I am currently working in Washington, DC as a data analyst, and I
> have also been helping by co-organizing and co-starting a new meetup group
> - DC Open Data Science Hacking. Do you, who have more experience with
> OKFN, see any potential partnership or collaboration as a possibility with
> the DC ODSH, or do you see room for a DC OKFN chapter?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Best,
> Margaret
>

> --
> *Margaret Furr*
> *University of Virginia Graduate*
> *MS in Data Science, '15*
> *BA in History, '14*

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | +44 07795 176 976 | skype:
rufuspollock | @rufuspollock <https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Open
Knowledge International <http://okfn.org/> - A world where knowledge
creates power for the many, not the few**http://okfn.org/
<http://okfn.org/> | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> | Open Knowledge on