[okfn-za] Cameron Neylon in Cape Town

Karien karienbez at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:58:31 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

UCT has organised a discussion with Cameron Neylon and others if you are
interested. See invitation below.

That does not by any means mean you can't arrange another meetup though.
Jump right in Carolina.

Karien

*Global participation in e-research and scholarly communication: Open
access strategies for African institutions*

What are the emerging trends in e-research, scholarly communication and
open access?
What do these trends mean for institutions?
What is the role of open access in the context of development?**
What does the university need to do to align itself as a global research
partner?

The Scholarly Communication in Africa Programme (SCAP), OpenUCT and
Berlin10 invite you to a seminar and discussion on the key trends in
addressing impact, development and policy in new forms of e-research and
open access dissemination. Featuring presentations by international experts
Alma Swan, Cameron Neylon and Leslie Chan, the seminar provides an
opportunity to discuss the issues with global thought leaders in the area
of open access and scholarly communication.