[okfn-za] Ideas for an initial group project - input wanted!

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Feb 21 13:08:17 UTC 2013

On 21 February 2013 11:59, Carolina Ödman <carolina.odman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Sorry to jump onto the thread so late. Saturday sounds doable, as long as
> little kids are welcome :) Rufus, are you in ZA?

I'm not in ZA but I will be there virtually :-)

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good location? I've provisionally
booted a meetup here:

http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/Cape-Town/884402/

Would say, 2pm-6pm work for people? It would mean there was a cape
town presence on open data day too :-)

> There's also this guy from government who decided to go open source and 3
> months of in-house development after being sent quotes in the tens of
> millions and years of development to create an online heritage archive web
> tool. I scanned the article I found about him in the local newspaper. Great
> story. I've made it available here:
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2359293/HeritagePlatformArticle.jpg

Very nice!

>> Let's get the FoI presses cranking :-) Even if unsuccessful it could
>> be the start of a nice campaign!
>
> Wasn't Open Corporates busy with importing and cleaning up the SA companies
> register data? I seem to remember that from the last HH meeting.

That would be great!

> Heading to the google doc now for more ideas....

:-)

Rufus