[okfn-za] Please Sue Me

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon May 6 12:24:27 UTC 2013

On 2 May 2013 10:56, Adi Eyal <adi at burgercom.co.za> wrote:
[...]
>> Right now we need a web site!
>
> I've put one up - have a look at: http://www.pleasesueme.co.za. It

Great work on the site!

> really is a starting point, the copy is embarrassing and the site only
> has three datasets but hopefully it's a start. Anyone who wants to
> jump in and make any improvements, copy, logo design, data collection
> etc is welcome. Also, legal advice would be welcome, I'm going out on
> a limb at the moment, probably fool-hardy and given Leon and
> Geoffrey's comments, possibly a little too impulsive. It would be good
> to have a professional give some thought to the practicalities of how
> to implement this which wouldn't end up costing me a million rand in
> legal bills.

I've booted a gdoc where we can work on copy etc.

https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/1y1wQcW9WogwFy0GDGVnZTixUfonzNCHvSGw77675Wik/edit#

We can work on the copy there and start listing more datasets to
include. (I guess we should add them to http://africaopendata.org/ at
the same time!).

Also we can prepare an announce post for http://za.okfn.org/ and
elsewhere - we can reuse quite a bit of your intro email :-) (I think
this is a great project for OKFN South Africa Local Group to be
involved so no problem blogging and supporting it!)

Re legal Arthur has made a good suggestion re Andrew Rens. If you need
any help getting in contact let me know!

Rufus