[okfn-za] Openbylaws.org.za: SA's by-laws made easy to read and share

Greg Kempe gregkempe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 11:48:59 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a side project to help make South Africa's by-laws easier to read and share.

  http://openbylaws.org.za/

I have started with Cape Town and have 14 of about 35 by-laws available. I've take the PDF forms of the by-laws and transformed them into HTML. You can easily share links to sections, get an overview of the laws from the table of contents, and view inline term definitions.

In addition, the documents themselves are available in XML (using the Akoma Ntoso schema) under a Creative Commons Attribution license.

I'd love your input! Thoughts, suggestions, contributions welcome.

If you or someone you know often needs access to South Africa's by-laws, please get in touch and let me know what's missing.

Thanks,
Greg