[okfn-za] Openbylaws.org.za: SA's by-laws made easy to read and share

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Oct 15 00:03:47 UTC 2013

Fantastic Greg! Would you be up for drafting a short blog piece giving an
intro to the idea and status for http://za.okfn.org/ ?

Rufus

On 14 October 2013 12:48, Greg Kempe <gregkempe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been working on a side project to help make South Africa's by-laws
> easier to read and share.
>
>   http://openbylaws.org.za/
>
> I have started with Cape Town and have 14 of about 35 by-laws
> available. I've take the PDF forms of the by-laws and transformed them into
> HTML. You can easily share links to sections, get an overview of the laws
> from the table of contents, and view inline term definitions.
>
> In addition, the documents themselves are available in XML (using the
> Akoma Ntoso schema) under a Creative Commons Attribution license.
>
> *I'd love your input! *Thoughts, suggestions, contributions welcome.
>
> If you or someone you know often needs access to South Africa's by-laws,
> please get in touch and let me know what's missing.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

*

Rufus Pollock

Founder and Executive Director | skype: rufuspollock |
@rufuspollock<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>

Empowering through Open Knowledge
http://okfn.org/ | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKF on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>|