[okfn-za] Open data day in Cape Town

Adi Eyal adi at code4sa.org
Mon Feb 17 18:45:39 UTC 2014

Hi All

Code for South Africa and Hacks/Hackers Cape Town are running an open
data event this Saturday. We're collaborating with Hacks/Hackers JHB
to run a speed data(ing) event. Read about how this works
http://www.code4sa.org/2014/02/17/speed-dataing.html. In summary, in
contrast to traditional hackathons that place coders front and centre,
speed data(ing) encourages non-developers to participate and interview
data.

It's actually quite a fun idea. We're hosting it at Codebridge in
Claremont, Cape Town. Come through on Saturday between 09:30 and
13:30. Find more details here:
http://www.meetup.com/Code-for-South-Africa-Hackers/events/165007242/

We're excited so stop by and say hello.

Adi

--
Adi Eyal
Director

phone: +27 78 014 2469
skype: adieyalcas
linkedin: http://za.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Adi/Eyal
web: http://www.code4sa.org
twitter: @soapsudtycoon

For more information on how to participate in the open data community
in South Africa, go to: http://www.code4sa.org/#community