[okfn-za] Open Data Evaluation of Government Departments

Adi Eyal adi at code4sa.org
Thu Sep 11 18:30:52 UTC 2014

Just noticed Ray's email - doesn't seem to have arrived on my side. My
answers below:

> 1) What are the usage/copyright conditions, especially can it be freely
> used for commercial purposes?

I can answer that question already :) Not a single department in government
allows for commercial re-use of data.

> 3) Is there a contact person I can easily contact with details?

Important but difficult to measure. How about coupling it with Gabriella's
point about metadata? How many emails/phone calls do I need to make to find
someone who can answer me about the dataset/