[okfn-za] City of Cape Town's open data policy

Geoffrey Kilpin geoffreykilpin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 11:16:14 UTC 2014

Hi Adi,

After a bit of digging through the list of documents
<http://www.capetown.gov.za/en/CouncilOnline/Pages/ViewCouncilMeetingDetails.aspx?RecurrenceId=12874>
for the last Council meeting I assume that 'C25/09/14 [ITEM 45] - ANNEXURE
TO REPORT - PDF PAGES 87-119 (83-115)
<http://www.capetown.gov.za/OpenDocument.aspx?DocLocation=http://cityapps.capetown.gov.za/sites/CouncillorsOnline/MeetingDetails/C/Reports/151/C45250914%20-%20ANNEXURE%20TO%20REPORT%20-%20PDF%20PAGES%2087-119%20(83-115).pdf>'
is the policy presented to Council. Clearly that isn't necessarily the
final version, but it is nevertheless interesting as it includes responses
to public comments.

C25/09/14 [ITEM 45] - DRAFT OPEN DATA POLICY
<http://www.capetown.gov.za/OpenDocument.aspx?DocLocation=http://cityapps.capetown.gov.za/sites/CouncillorsOnline/MeetingDetails/C/Reports/151/C45250914%20-%20DRAFT%20OPEN%20DATA%20POLICY.pdf>
is also there - which looks like minutes from a meeting where the policy
was considered.

Kind regards,
Geoff.