[okfn-za] City of Cape Town's open data policy

Geoffrey Kilpin geoffreykilpin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 14:38:46 UTC 2014

Hi Adi and Louisa,

Adi - I don't know if that is the intention but I agree it seems that an
over-cautious desire to avoid "unanticipated risks" leaves open that
possibility - it would have been far better if the time was spent setting
up concrete and objective criteria that the committee would merely
implement.

I wonder how they plan to select the "member of a relevant sector body as
co-opted by the steering committee" - it seems like a very important role
in light of these concerns.

Thank you Louisa for that information - hopefully the changes are positive.

Kind regards,
Geoff.