No subject

Sun Dec 12 18:29:16 GMT 2010

it is labelled, I think it would require individual depositors to
*actively* choose a label (of which I suspect common choices would not
necessarily be BOAI-compliant, e.g. CC-BY-NC).

Furthermore, as I pointed out on Twitter yesterday, even if the
depositor chooses a BOAI-compliant licence, and makes this explicit in
the document - this can be overridden by the very act of placing it in
an Institutional Repository!

"2. Content in Opus is made freely available for non-commercial
private study or research."
from http://www.bath.ac.uk/library/services/eprints/enduser-licence.pdf

Opus is the University of Bath's institutional repository. 'Policies'
at other institutions may vary.

Ross