[Open-access] Reminder: Skype meeting Friday 20 April 10 am (UST+1)

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Fri Apr 20 08:02:50 UTC 2012

On 20 April 2012 08:39, Tom Olijhoek <tom.olijhoek at gmail.com> wrote:
> From: Tom Olijhoek <tom.olijhoek at gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM
> Subject: Skype meeting Friday 20 April 10 am (UST+1)
> To: open-access at lists.okfn.org
>
> The etherpad for the open access Skype meeting is at :
> http://open-access.okfnpad.org/10
> Please add anything you want to discuss in addition to the agenda

I'm afraid I don't have time for this call today -- please omit me.

There's not much I would have contributed this time, anyway:

> Did anyone write a reaction for BBC4 radio?

I didn't -- I've actually not heard the pieces, and I wonder whether
that iron has gone cold now?

> Alok's talk with Mike this week about the Who Needs Access? angle.

He hasn't got back to me.  I will prod him.  I did get this piece in
to the Guardian, though:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/blog/2012/apr/17/persistent-myths-open-access-scientific-publishing

-- Mike.