[Open-access] Fwd: FW: Freedom to mine factual information from Springer journals

Naomi Lillie naomi.lillie at okfn.org
Wed Apr 25 15:00:12 UTC 2012

Further correspondence with Springer

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stelt van der, Wim, Springer SBM NL <Wim.vanderStelt at springer.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Subject: RE: FW: Freedom to mine factual information from Springer journals
To: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk>

Obviously for open access content the nc does not apply, for licensed
content we charge commercials (like chemical abstracts).****

Yes, you can mine the oa artils. It has An attribute in the metadata saying
open access or sth like that.****

** **

The springer open articles are on the biomed central platform so you can
mine them he way you are used with bmc.****

** **

wim ****

** **