[Open-access] Criticisms of Finch proposals

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at inria.fr
Sat Dec 8 13:51:43 UTC 2012

The mixing up of the CC-By debate with the actual infelicities of the Finch report (being here euphemistic) is really unfortunate. The Finch report and the overall publishers' dictated policy is just to be forgotten by those who do not live in the British isles (and we do sympathize with those who do). However, we do need, as scholars, simple attributive licenses such as CC-BY to make the dissemination of scientific results as fluid as possible, and this where the debate should stay.
Cheers,
Laurent