[Open-access] An anti-RWA bill

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 10:51:26 UTC 2012

I am deliberately "listening" to this, partly because I have actually
changed my mind as a result of listening.

Bjorn's position is a very important one (and I personally have synpathy).
But we have to express if formally (more than "all publishers are evil and
should be ***ed"). I am in danger of being too emotive myself.

So perhaps one thing we should do is try to capture the essence of various
positions in an objective manner. This has the advantage that we are seen
as a rational and objective group. There may be an objectively convincing
argument for the status quo, though no one seems to be making it
convincingly.

Perhaps part of the problem with the "OA community" is that it has not
formalised positions.

P.