[Open-access] Open Access Initiative - meeting notes, names and moving forwards

Björn Brembs b.brembs at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:32:54 UTC 2012

I don't have a very strong opinion on that, but my gut
feeling is that the meaning of what we strive for will be
watered down with every new term. For instance, Elsevier
uses "universal access" to mean that only those get access
that Elsevier gives permission.

That would mean we have public access, open access and
universal access. Which is the one we want?

I realize that I also use 'universal' in my suggestion, so
this may not be a good idea at all.

My opinion: the fewer terms the better or people will confuse
the People's Front of Judea with the Judean People's Front
(splitters!)

Bjoern