[Open-access] Open Access Initiative - meeting notes, names and moving forwards

Tom Olijhoek tom.olijhoek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:01:15 UTC 2012

Hi to all,

I also like the @ccess.very much
The tagline could read

                                                         *Open @ccess for
All*

*‘Sharing the results of scientific research’*

*For the description on the Website we could first state our target
audience and than define what we mean by Open Access*

*for instance: **“Today, most of the more than 2.5 million articles
published in the world ’s **24,000 peer-reviewed journals are inaccessible
to many of their*

*potential users because they cannot afford access.”*

*The solution to this problem is open access: free and unrestricted access
to scientific information for everyone: free to read, (re)use, and
(re)distribute as defined by the BOAI (ref   )
This site is dedicated to the promotion of Open Access in the broadest sense
*

*This will be done by: *

*publication of an Open Access Index: a novel way to measure access to
information*

*functioning as an Information portal on Open Access related information*

*being a one-stop address offering access to all published scientific
information organized around themes: for instance malaria, cancer*

*developing tools for easy access*

*offering novel ways of sharing information made possible by Open Access*

*building communities of scientists and citizens alike sharing information *

*linking to other Open Access  groups*