[Open-access] Website up and running!

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 14:26:03 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Laura Newman <laura.newman at okfn.org>wrote:

> Correct. Emails that are sent to multiple individuals are not archived
> (i.e. all the early emails, before the list was created). Emails sent to
> open-access at lists.okfn.org are archived. Just thought I would make sure
> that everyone is aware of that whilst we are discussing issues of
> privacy/secrecy.

We appreciate that there are issues which should not be public but they are
relatively few (if there are a lot it may not be appropriate for OKF, but
that's not true here).

You should assume that everything in the project is public.

There will be some times when we need to mail a small number of people in a
closed group but these should never lead to an extended chain of mails. We
should avoid mails that are deliberately hurtful to people but robust
criticism is often needed

P.