[Open-access] SAGE Biocongress and WhoNeedsAccess

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Tue Feb 28 09:58:24 UTC 2012

On 28 February 2012 08:11, cameronneylon.net <cn at cameronneylon.net> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am going to the SAGE Biocongress in SF in April and am thinking that I might present whoneedsaccess to that audience and do some video interviews with folks about their needs. I'll also be talking to the International Cancer Research Portfolio and may have a chance to do some more interviews there. Does this seem like a good idea to folks. There's an opportunity for lightning presentations at SAGE and if people are happy then I'll present the website - I appreciate I've done none of the work but it seems like a good publicity opportunity.

AbsoLUTEly yes!  That would be outstanding.  You certainly shouldn't
worry about not having done the work on that particular web-site: this
is a group effort and no-one is going to claim that you're not doing
your share!   Please proceed!

More generally, I am keen to get a few more posts up on WNA as soon as
we can (great job on Wayne Wells, Jenny!) so that the site feels
substantial enough to start shopping around newspapers.  I'm hopeful
that I can get the Guardian to do a piece on it, for example.  But
while we still have only six interviews in total, I'm not sure that
we're ready to go.

-- Mike.