[Open-access] @ccess versus open access

Tom Olijhoek tom.olijhoek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 14:10:35 UTC 2012

Hi Mike and others,

I see your point of having a single def and a single place to look for it.
I theredore agree to change from @ccess to BOAI compliant open access (I am
still not very happy with this term, wish there were something better).
Because I still think we have to somehow acknowledge the contributions of
the Bethesda and especially the Berlin Series of conferences, we could just
put a description on our website to this extent:; like:        for those
cases not covered in the BOAI definition and for updates and extensions on
the original BOAI descriptions we refer to the Bethesda Declaration and the
Declarations of the continuing Berlin Series of Conferences on open access.

cheers

TOM