[Open-access] World budget for scholarly publishing (journals)

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at inria.fr
Mon Oct 15 09:07:47 UTC 2012

Dear all,
I remember PMR mentioning some figures concerning the annual budget academic institution dedicate to scholarly publishing (mainly journal subscriptions). Can someone remind me of a figure and possibly a source.

Just to give some context, I am working on a project of a free publishing platform based on HAL (epi-journal) for the computer science domain (for the time being and because of the background of my institution, Inria). If some of you want to join by bringing in potential journals, all the better.

Cheers,
Laurent