[Open-access] Risks in using an Addendum

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Wed Dec 11 13:59:19 UTC 2013

I can only offer more anecdotal evidence: I've never heard even a
rumour of a journal either cancelling or delaying publication due to
an author's use of an addendum. AT WORST they will just refuse to
accept the addendum.

Meanwhile, I recommend a simpler solution: just place your manuscript
in the public domain. This will put it on the same footing as works
produced by the US Federal Government, e.g. palaeontologists working
for the Bureau of Land Management. Then when the journal asks for
copyright transfer, you can simply and honestly reply that there is no
copyright to transfer, but that give enthusiastic permission to
publish.

-- Mike.