[Open-access] [open-science] Fwd: [GOAL] Fwd: Business, Innovation and Skills Committee announces inquiry into Open Access

Ross Mounce ross.mounce at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 14:14:11 UTC 2013

On 18 January 2013 13:25, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> More UK requests for information on Open Access! These are likely to
> destroy various PhD/DPhils if we keep trying to answer them all... But we
> have to

Exactly.

Given I just submitted something lengthy yesterday to the House of Lords
inquiry, I'm alarmed that the "witness guidance" PDF for this new BIS call
for evidence states:

"Respondees are requested not to submit copies of responses to other
consultations or to the Finch Report"

I feel slightly cheated having submitted some of my 'best' to the House of
Lords inquiry. I have half a mind to make this point in my BIS submission.
 I think I will now have to re-word, re-arrange and re-focus.

Above all we must not be put off from airing our legitimate views and
evidence.

Ross