[Open-access] Criteria for conference to move to Open Access

Dirk Riehle dirk at riehle.org
Thu Mar 21 05:04:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

I guess this needs some clarification.

WikiSym/OpenSym would like to offer an open access option for the papers
published at this conference. Our primary goal is doing right by our
constituency, the people who attend the conference. Satisfying the request of
a sponsor is acceptable, if it is aligned with the needs of our community. If
not, we will have to let go of the sponsor.

I sent this request to a smaller German list to get localized feedback. I
intend to learn from that feedback to start a larger discussion on our blog at
http://wikisym.org then.

Thanks,
Dirk