[Open-access] Fwd: My Comments on ICAR's Open Access Policy

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Fri May 17 10:47:33 UTC 2013

I would argue that CC-BY has already been shown to be 'safe' by the many
large and successful publishers and institutions (inc the World Bank and
now UNESCO) that already use CC-BY or a similarly permissive license for
most/all their outputs. As far as I know, none of these organisations have
felt to the need to move back to a less permissive license, which suggests
their experience has not been negative. As Peter mentioned, switching
licenses at a later stage is non-trivial and to be avoided.

+1 also for Mike's point.

Jenny