[Open-access] [GOAL] Fight Publishing Lobby's Latest "FIRST" Act to Delay OA - Nth Successor to PRISM, RWA etc.

Bjoern Brembs b.brembs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 21:42:32 UTC 2013

On Friday, November 15, 2013, 1:09:13 AM, you wrote:

> The political approach may be necessary to get OA
> enacted, but we need to implement OA in such a way that it
> is immune from political influence. In my book, that seems
> to be a perfect role for libraries.

This is a serious problem with mandates: they are liable to political influence - and billions in $$$ pay for plenty of political influence, way more than we can ever dream of having.

I thus support Eric's motion: we need to move everything in-house, away from any political influence. Libraries are the natural place for that.

Best wishes,

Bjoern

--
Björn Brembs