[Open-access] [GOAL] Re: Fight Publishing Lobby's Latest "FIRST" Act to Delay OA - Nth Successor to PRISM, RWA etc.

Mark MacGillivray mark at cottagelabs.com
Mon Nov 18 16:08:52 UTC 2013

I am going to use this opportunity to promote my open scholarship survey
again...

Regardless of awareness or mandates or power, what matters is what can be
done. If people can agree on what the requirements for scholarship are,
then someone will provide what is required. (Perhaps for a price, but that
price can be openly negotiable based on provision of a service that meets
requirements.)

So if enough scholars say "scholarship should be X", then we will know what
to build:

http://ifthisistheanswer.com/survey

If there are not enough people willing to take part in the dialogue and do
something about it, or willing to stand by the consequences, then we will
simply have to shut up and make do with whatever is given to us (and
whatever price is extracted for that privilege).

Mark