[Open-access] "Open access: six myths to put to rest"

Mark MacGillivray mark at cottagelabs.com
Tue Oct 22 08:35:18 UTC 2013

Hi all,

For open access week this year I have started some daily blog posts about
some of my studies in open scholarship work. Here is the first post,
published yesterday:

http://cottagelabs.com/news/open-access-week-intro-studies-in-open-scholarship

As it says, I will be publishing each day this week, building up background
material to the survey that I currently have available (linked from the
posts).

I would be very happy to receive survey submissions or commentary /
feedback from members of this list, and please also share more widely if
you think this looks useful.

I think it ties in well with the sort of stuff Peter (and others) is saying
in his blog - e.g is it time yet for people to "expect" OA rather than for
it to be a special case - by asking people what they think scholarship is,
and having them get involved in defining it.

Happy OA week,

Mark