[Open-access] NISO Recommendations on Open Access Metadata

Andrea Zanni aubreymcfato at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 09:37:41 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I've just read the "Open Access Metadata and Indicators" document,
and I find it very useful.
A URL for the license and a Y/N free-to-read tag can go a long way in
conveying the information we want to.
For what is worth, I find it a clever, low profile approach that could be
very effective (and don't scare publishers).

Now, how should I implement it?
I see that the document recommends to put the tags in the HTML META tags
for the moment,
and hopes for standards (ONIX, OAI-PMH, RDF, DC, ..) to incorporate the new
elements.
So, we have to wait them to accept the new tags?

Cheers

Andrea Zanni
Wikimedia Italia

http://aubreymcfato.wordpress.com