[Open-access] NISO Recommendations on Open Access Metadata

Cameron Neylon cn at cameronneylon.net
Thu Jan 30 16:14:23 UTC 2014

Hi Andrea

Yes, the questions you raise have come up in several of the comments to the
consultation (and feel free to add your own of course). The issue of
implementation and name spaces has come up in several comments and we will
look at this as we refine the recommendations. The elements will be
implemented by Crossref rapidly. It would be great to include them in a
revision of OAI-PMH and DC but the question does arise of whether to create
a separate name space. We also need to consider how to combine with the
relevant JATS tag.

Anyway, short answer, hopefully we will have some more precise
recommendations after the consultation closes, probably in mid-February or
early March.

Cheers

Cameron