[Open-access] Fwd: [A2k] Global Congress IV - New Delhi, December, 2015

Subbiah Arunachalam subbiah.arunachalam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 01:42:01 UTC 2014

Please spread the word.

Arun

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nehaa Chaudhari <nehaa at cis-india.org>
Date: Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Subject: [A2k] Global Congress IV - New Delhi, December, 2015
To: GLOBAL-CONGRESS at roster.wcl.american.edu,
wipo-crossroads-request at lists.keionline.org, "a2k at cis-india.org" <
a2k at cis-india.org>, a2k at lists.keionline.org, Ip-health at lists.keionline.org
Cc: "maggie at cis-india.org" <maggie at cis-india.org>, Pranesh Prakash <
the.solipsist at gmail.com>, anubha <anubha at cis-india.org>, Nagaraj <
nagaraj at cis-india.org>, Rohini Lakshané <rohini at cis-india.org>, "
sunil at cis-india.org" <sunil at cis-india.org>, Pranesh Prakash <
pranesh.prakash at yale.edu>

Hello everyone!

I hope you'll are well.

My name is Nehaa Chaudhari. I work at the Centre for Internet and Society,
India ("CIS").

CIS will be hosting the fourth edition of the Global Congress on
Intellectual Property and the Public Interest ("GC-IV/the Congress") at New
Delhi, India, in December, 2015. Tentatively, we've blocked the first two
weeks of December, 2015 for hosting GC-IV.  The final dates will be decided
in a couple of months, possibly after WIPO releases its calendar of events
and meetings for 2015, so as to ensure that the Congress does not clash
with any of WIPO's events.

Anubha Sinha, M.P. Nagaraj, Maggie Huang, Pranesh Prakash, Rohini Lakshane,
Sunil Abraham and I will be the team from CIS working on GC-IV. Our email
addresses are as under:

1. Anubha Sinha- anubha at cis-india.org
2. M.P. Nagaraj- nagaraj at cis-india.org
3. Maggie Huang- maggie at cis-india.org
4. Pranesh Prakash- pranesh at cis-india.org
5. Rohini Lakshane- rohini at cis-india.org
6. Sunil Abraham- sunil at cis-india.org
7. Nehaa Chaudhari- nehaa at cis-india.org

At the moment, we're working on our preliminary budget for the Congress,
which we should have finalized in about two weeks. Over the next few weeks,
we will have more updates for you, on a website, the tracks as well as a
call for proposals.

Please do tentatively save the first two weeks of December, 2015 for your
participation in the Congress.

I look forward to your support as we take this forward. It would be great
if you could circulate this email within your respective networks, and help
us reach out to as many people as possible.
Do write in to us with your queries and suggestions. We would be happy to
take them on board.

Thank you for your time.

Warm regards,

Nehaa Chaudhari