[Open-access] Crowdsourcing request + BMJ OA Policy

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Tue Mar 25 08:15:06 UTC 2014

On 25 March 2014 08:07, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> And - note - I don't mind posting material that is then communally
> corrected. It's a discourse , not a formal presentation.

I agree, but only so long as there is explicit and robust versioning.
I don't want to be in a position where I cite Halibutwrangler (2013)
as saying X only to find in 2014 that his paper now says Y. I need to
be able to cite Halibutwrangler (2013:version 12) and know it won't
change.

Of course the old version-of-record system is just the degenerate
version of this scheme, where the only version number is 1.

-- Mike.