[Open-access] Open Access Week blog posts for main OK blog

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Fri Oct 10 13:53:43 UTC 2014

Hi All

Open Knowledge will be publishing a series of blog posts for Open Access
Week Oct 20-26 [1], aiming for one post a day.

Would any members of the open-science and open-access working groups or
local working group leads like to suggest a topic and help co-author a post
for Friday 24 Oct?

One suggestion I have is to look at the work around crowdsourcing
university subscription costs and APC costs for OA publications.

In the last year I know members of the working group have been making FOI
requests [2] and helped out with crowdsourcing a Wellcome Trust dataset on
OA publications [3,4]

Other topic suggestions are more than welcome for work or a particular
issue you'd like to highlight around open access.

Jenny

[1]  http://www.openaccessweek.org/
[2]
http://access.okfn.org/2014/05/16/the-cost-of-scientific-publishing-update-and-call-for-action/