[Open-access] Stacks Unbound - a library make day.

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Wed Oct 29 22:29:51 UTC 2014

Stacks Unbound is a make day for library data.

We want to use data sets and sources to explore and build things based on
library catalogue data or metadata. We aim to build on the success of
previous events run at other institutions such as the British Library.
Future events are being planned where we hope to further develop projects
and work after this event.

We want to bring people together and prototype for a day. Developers,
researchers, librarians, curators, readers, anyone with an interest in
libraries and their data are all welcome. You're equally welcome to bring
coding skills, ideas, stories or narratives. No experience required apart
from a willingness to join in.

If you cannot make it to Oxford on the day, then consider joining us online
via Twitter. The hashtag is #stacksunbound.

If you have potential data sources to use, then please either register it
through the registration form or email Iain Emsley (
iain.emsley at kellogg.ox.ac.uk).

Any further information about the event and updates can be obtained from:
http://stacksunbound.wordpress.com/

The event is happening on Saturday, 22 November at Oxford e-Research
Centre, between 9am to 5pm and hopefully at a library near you soon! Get in
touch if you'd like to be next in line to host...

Registration form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HexkRWkaGmkhn_VitziDwRLb9KctMpwcx4pAixJ7TEM/viewform

Stacks Unbound is grateful to the Oxford e-Research Centre, Open Knowledge
and the Bodleian Digital Library Systems and Services for their support and
time.