[Open-access] APAC Monthly Open Science Calls

S.C. Edmunds scott at gigasciencejournal.com
Wed Jan 21 15:32:47 UTC 2015

Thanks to all those who attended the second APAC Open Science call today,
and apologies to the few people that didn't manage to connect on skype. We
are still struggling to find a solution that works for everyone, so any
ideas on that please let us know.

The hackpad should now have tidied and up-to-date notes, so feel free to
check them out:

https://pad.okfn.org/p/sciencewg-apac-Jan2014

The main point to highlight was OKFnAu early plans and ideas for an APAC
OKCon meeting. Please leave your email details on the hackpad for David
Flanders if you'd like to be kept in the loop in these discussions.

It would be nice to share the call around between different organisers and
countries, so if there are any volunteers to host the February call please
let us know, otherwise Ranjith has offered to do it again. This time next
month is actually Open Data Day, although I would request on behalf of a
big chunk of SE and E Asia not to organise it then as it clashes with
Chinese New Year (one of the grumbles in the meeting was the bad form on
that date).

Cheers,

Scott
ODHK/GigaScience