[Open-access] Fwd: Fwd: 'Giving Researchers Credit for their Data API': Your help with our survey request

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Tue Jun 2 08:33:31 UTC 2015

May be of interest to the list....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Fwd: 'Giving Researchers Credit for their Data API': Your help
with our survey request
Date: 	Wed, 27 May 2015 12:00:55 +0100
From: 	Fiona Murphy <fionalm27 at GMAIL.COM>
To: 	DATA-PUBLICATION at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Dear All

JISC is supporting our group to research the case for and develop an API
and ‘helper app’ that allows researchers who have deposited data in a
repository to automatically submit a ‘data article’ to a journal at the
click of a button.

The proposed API will transfer data and metadata from the repository to
a journal’s submission system, with an intermediary ‘helper app’
allowing authors to add their manuscript, references and other necessary
information before submission. Article metadata will be sent back to the
repository upon publication. These tools will be designed for maximum
interoperability and made freely available.

This initiative will make it much easier for authors to obtain credit,
visibility and peer review for their data via data article publication.
This will have knock-on benefits for other stakeholders: journals will
receive more submissions and link referrals, repositories will gain more
deposits and more complete metadata, and readers will have better
methodological detail to help them reuse or replicate data.

We are keen to hear from interested stakeholders, especially publishers
and repositories. To that end, we've compiled 2 short surveys
(approximately 10 minutes long) to enhance the scope and utility of the
project. Please take part in either the Publishers or Repositories
survey - links below - and feel free to pass this message on to others.

*Giving Researchers Credit for their Data: Repositories
*(https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PTHY5ND)

*Giving Researchers Credit for their Data: Publishers*
(https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7ZWSNNK)

With many thanks, Neil Jefferies, Thomas Ingram, Fiona Murphy