[Open-access] Rounded Globe: scholarly essays with a CC license

Peter Murray-Rust peter.murray.rust at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 11 08:26:40 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 8:17 AM, simon cook <simonjohncook at gmail.com> wrote:

> wow!
>
> a strongly worded email,

I am afraid that's how the law works - words and usage have to be very
precise :-) I come across this all the time in the publishing industry and
try to move people towards correct usage. I am not suggesting it in your
case, but many publishers appear to us "under a CC licence" as implying
"open access" - both phrases are too vague to be useful.