[Open-access] Wiley have been caught incorrectly paywalling & selling (Dirk Verdicchio)

Rens van der Heijden rens.vanderheijden at uni-ulm.de
Fri Mar 27 10:09:15 UTC 2015

That depends entirely on the contract, though. I was basically trying to get at exactly Bjorn's point with my devil's advocate argument earlier: contracts *should* specify that the publisher can exclusively publish as open access but often they don't. There could be legitimate reasons not to (e.g., to allow print editions); i think it is more likely a leftover from older copyright transfer agreements, though.

Greetings,
Rens