[Open-access] A Shared Vision for Scholarly Communication

Peter Kraker pkraker at know-center.at
Thu Jun 16 10:17:07 UTC 2016

Dear all,

thanks for pointing out the simultaneous efforts. As Jeroen indicated, we are already in touch and talking collaboration and coordination.

We did continously search for similar initatives before and during our own exercise. But it seems that Google and others did not link "scholarly commons" and "scholarly communication". And while the people involved in the Vienna Principles also took part in many other scholcomm initiatives, we did not share a person between the two groups. This goes to show how far we are from discoverability in research...

Anyways, the good thing is that we finally found out about each other, and that we can do something about it! Meanwhile, any feedback on the content is still very much appreciated.

Best,
Peter