[Open-access] Nominations now open for the first MIT Media Lab Disobedience Award

Bjoern Brembs b.brembs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 12:18:11 UTC 2017

On Thursday, March 9, 2017, 12:58:46 PM, you wrote:

> In that sense I think organisations like the Public
> Knowledge Project, Creative Commons or the Open Knowledge
> Foundation are way more deserving or an award like this
> because their mission has been to transform how most of us
> do things, not finding quick avenues to circumvent the oppression of the
> paywall.

There cannot be any doubt that these organizations are doing an admirable job in pushing for the permanent removal of paywalls. But if there are any awards to be handed out, shouldn't the first ones go to individuals or organizations who have actually accomplished something?

But maybe there is also a class of consolation awards for effort? :-)

> I just find that [ironic] the organisation that did not
> stand by Aaron Swartz is offering this prize.

That is indeed ironic - a sign of a bad conscience?

Bjoern

--
Björn Brembs
http://brembs.net