[open-archaeology] BoneCommons open material

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at okfn.org
Tue Dec 7 11:07:42 UTC 2010

Hi all,
a few weeks ago Eric Kansa pointed me to an interesting collection of
open material from the BoneCommons initiative:

> I wanted to let you know that BoneCommons has some more
> open (sorta) material here:
>
> http://www.alexandriaarchive.org/bonecommons/items/browse/tag/presentation+shared
>
> Unfortunately, most of the files aren't in nice open formats, PDF and
> powerpoint dominate. But at least they can all be used by open source
> software, and most content is under a CC-BY-SA license.

I've now added a CKAN package for this collection (it would be great if
we could mass-import from Omeka by means of RDF or DC metadata):

        http://ckan.net/package/bonecommons

Improve it at as you like.

Ciao
steko

--
Stefano Costa
Coordinator, Working Group on Open Data in Archaeology