[open-archaeology] Bibliography and Best Practices

Matthew Law matt at kidvinyl.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 12:46:10 UTC 2010

Hi Steko,

Agree with this.

in reference to points:

E: Provide examples of how to reference Open Data and to reinforce that dataset citation is also a demonstration of impact which will also help career progression (i.e. careers are no longer solely built around journal articles)

F: Still in a holding pattern on the "ethics" statement. The ball is still rolling but slowly. A community statement that shifts the ethical onus from the individual to the community (through agreed best practice) should remove one more barrier to submission.

Anthony Beck
Research Fellow
DART Project
School of Computing