[open-archaeology] Making excavation data available to the public

Peigi Mackillop PMackillop at nts.org.uk
Mon Jul 19 16:30:38 UTC 2010

I think they're fairly open but get in touch with Segolene Tarte to
get the details (she's very approachable and her contact details are
on CSAD).

I just heard Greg Crane talk about student-based crowdsourcing of the
Homer Multitext Project:

http://chs.harvard.edu/wa/pageR?tn=ArticleWrapper&bdc=12&mn=1169

and while I'm not directly aware of any similar projects for
cuneiform, a number of open archives are online:

http://oracc.museum.upenn.edu/index.html

I suspect however, that the real difficulty is the lack of people able
to do the trancription/translation, rather than the technology (or,
for that matter, the openness).

Cheers

L.