[open-archaeology] EVPSI meeting - Extracting Value from Public Sector Information

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at okfn.org
Sat Mar 27 22:02:43 UTC 2010

I agree whole heartedly with this.

We've just got funding through for a heritage remote sensing project (summary is available here: http://www.scribd.com/dart_project)

This project is taking an open-science approach. This means we will be hosting all our data on-line and as soon as is practicable (this means before synthetic publication). IMO this should also include any scripts or procedures that we use to transform that data in order to migrate through to information and knowledge. We're in the process of developing the different background systems to support this and we'd rather not re-invent the wheel. We're also potentially looking into ways to transform observations/data into RDF with an associated ontologys. Basically, we should be getting the data out there :-)

The benefits for peer review will be important. The other aim is to publish some/many/all(?) in open journals and request that the editor uses on open peer-review process. If the data we produce has no discussion, then it has no life and no resonance. The impact would therefore be diminished.

Toodle pip

Ant
Anthony Beck
School of Computing