[open-archaeology] Ethics, archaeology and open data

Jo Kaye jo.k.cook at googlemail.com
Tue May 11 15:28:20 UTC 2010

Dear All,

Very interesting discussion! With my commercial archaeology hat on I feel
the need to add the money aspect to all of this- it's not all ethics or
lethargy that stops us getting data out there, but cold hard cash.
Developers are not interested (in the main) in paying for any more than they
need to. Furthermore, for information, though I'm not naming names or sites-
we (Oxford Archaeology) do have specific cases of issues with Night Hawks,
including having to hire 24 hour security to protect sites.

I'd love to be involved in any meet-up, both personally and as a
representative of the commercial archaeology sector. Anything that can be
done to make the situation better as far as I'm concerned.

All the best

Jo

Jo Kaye (nee Cook)
Email: jo.k.cook at googlemail.com