[open-archaeology] Methodology Stores

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at okfn.org
Fri Sep 17 20:04:08 UTC 2010

Il giorno ven, 17/09/2010 alle 07.05 +0100, Anthony Beck ha scritto:

> Excellent. Thanks. More people at the AARG conference are expressing
> interest in this. I got a tweet from jo Walsh yesterday suggesting I
> put this forward as a project for the OKF. I'll do this when I get
> back unless there are any objections.

Hi Ant,
the idea and the interest of many people are both good to me. One thing
I found a bit problematic is the "only open to the active community
until agreed public release" - but we can define this properly later
also based on what OKF says about use of its own infrastructure and
resources.

What I'm more curious about is which kind of tool/environment we will be
using. Everything you and Colleen wrote makes me think of using a wiki
with text, images, audio and video content (IIRC the ADS best practices
are forged using a private wiki as well). Wiki has history, discussion
separate from content, etc. Anyway, I'm very biased positively towards
wikis so feel free to suggest other tools.

Ideally content could be enriched with open datasets for specific
subdomains.

Ciao,
steko

--